Abstracts must be submitted through the abstract submission portal and only accepting Face to Face presentation at this time. Topics considered should fall under the themes, but areas outside of this and of interest NEDC attendees will be considered.
Some suggestions of what appropriate topics for each theme may be are listed below but these are not exhaustive.
How to drive sustainable and inclusive economic development
- Strategic economic development in a fast changing world;
- Measuring economic development, environmental value and community well-being;
- How to prepare your community for economic transition and cultural restoration;
- Digital transformation trends; and
- Supporting the green transition.
Transforming regions and cities
- Case studies on the evolution of capital cities and suburbs in a post pandemic world;
- Case studies on the impact of clustering, smart specialisation and agglomeration on regional areas;
- Case studies on transforming places through the arts and events;
- The future of energy – Decarbonisation and the role of renewables and hydrogen;
- The growing opportunities in a resource-based economy; and
- The future of place-based economic development.
Economic development with community at the centre
- Indigenous entrepreneurship;
- Traditional owners and the green transition;
- Migration trends post-pandemic;
- The changing workforce in regions and cities;
- New jobs for the green transition;
- Driving economic participation and inclusion; and
- Community wealth building.